Travel tip and me? – Of all the person you know, you should be expecting me to give safe travel tip. Consider, if I write bulleted, the first point being ‘always reach the railway station, bus stand or airport at least 30 minutes before time of departure or check-in, the first comment I would be receiving will be a big «thuu» from anyone who knows my track record.
I try not to preach what I don’t/can’t practice. So this is not post of travel tips rather sharing with you all what travel mean to me, some of things I got to know from it and few things I likes to do.
Honestly, I least traveled to any hi-profile destination which I could boast about. But whatever opportunity I got they are special. Most of travels were part of my job. For me, travel not just stops with those odd official trips, holidays or leisure, but also those purposeless weekend drive through unknown routes,reaching home, and even day to day commuting.
![]() |
It’s crime to think about the official things when you just broke eyes with the co-passenger by your side. I can’t be that faithful to my job that I bother myself about the mail which pops into my inbox after setting out of office message. The unanswered last email, unpaid bill, the task of watering your planets in the portico (which you handed over to maid or neighbor and such stuff are worst travel companions. It’s very important to take all our mind,body and soul to the travel.
Changes of place not change habit
Travelling at least once by the local transport – tasting local cuisine - a night walk - calling a friend for a short conversation are the usual habits I would like to do irrespective of being in a new land.
When it comes to local cuisine, if I was skeptical about the ‘after effects’ of eating them, the thump rule to follow is: eat only if the food is very hot (especially NV) and it’s a good habit not to compromise with the drinking water, packaged water costs, but not more than locking yourself in the hotel room with sickness.
If I know some of friend is there to where I was travelling. I would at least call them and say “Hey dude, I am here you know”. Very few may not like it and even think we have called only to get some favor from them, but doesn't matter. It leaves them with no opportunity to blame them in future “Ho, you been there and not even bother to call me” and more importantly it gives us a satisfaction that we called them. Most of the friends feel good and appreciate for calling than complaining. If mutual time permits a meal or a drink is a bonus.
Capturing it
On any day, I am a below average photo-clicker. Again, never mind. I keep doing that within my limitation. But capturing is not over by clicking photos, it can also be capturing by words. The trigger to become so-called-blogger accidently happened during a conversation with a co-passenger. In due course I started carrying a small notepad for the purpose. Of course not even 20% of what all scribbled is worth posting in blogs. But when I randomly flip through the pages it reminds me of those events. If photo is of recollecting the memory;reading those scribbles are playback of them.
The best part and important requirement of travel
The best part of travel is the people it brings; it teaches to look into the world with their eyes and helps to understand how it would be to walk in the same road with their shoes
Strangely,in most of the strangers we shall find at least one thing in common.
However,most of you may not agree what I about to tell in next few lines. The most important requirement in travel is the person who travels. I am not adamant or selfish when saying people/friends are options in our tour or travel plans; rather it is an understanding of others priorities or respecting their decisions and situations.
It usually happens during group tours, either the entire plan shall be dropped because of some member pulling out and everyone keep saying (regretting) for not making it happen or if they still make it, busy expressing how much they miss the absentees (or busy cursing/gossiping about them) Feelings and emotions are okay; they are like seasonings and must avoid eating seasonings as main course.
The Do’s and Don’ts
Though I always carry a book I never open it unless I get super bored and obvious. By dipping into a book, may actually miss being part of or watching something beautiful or listening live narration by someone. This enlightenment I got from a co-passenger, a little kid.
Everyone has a story to tell and each of them has something to teach. So listening become more important than speaking. Especially someone like me. At some point I started to realize that the art of listening is the only medicine for speaking too much (purposelessly).
Travel teaches life
The little understanding I have about the existence called life comes from relating it to travel. As a simple exercise, once you finish reading this post, re-read by replacing the word ‘travel’ with word ‘life’ it still may make sense, maybe more then.
- Travel insists you the importance of behaving modest
- Travel coaches adjustability
- Travel counters the shyness and hesitation to say ‘hello hi’
- Travel induces courage to face and say ‘see you, bye’
- Travel proposes a synonym ‘experience’, when we mess up things
- Travel gives strength to carry heavy baggage by reminding you the importance of its contents
- Travel teaches you to make ways when all other existing roads are blocked; and more importantly
- Travel unearth the stranger in you
“Sorry we didn't had a smooth flight due to rough weather; but trust me, we shall have a safe landing”
![]() |
| Bon Voyage! |







No comments:
Post a Comment